The different Continuous Glucose Measurement Systems
The Continuous Measurement of Glucose (CGM) is a precious help to better live his Diabetes daily.
- Better knowledge of oneself, of one's Diabetes, of its functioning,
- Anticipation of glycemic variations , and therefore prevention of hypo and hyper
- Security & Serenity! This technology helps us to liberate ourselves and live life to the full!
What are the different systems?Whatever the system of the Continuous Measurement of Glucose (CGM) is used, it gives us information on what is actually happening in our blood, blood glucose.
- There are 3 of them, currently in France:
- The Enlite glucose sensor and its Guardian transmitter . This system can be coupled to the MiniMed 640G insulin pump ; and then prevents hypoglycemia with its " stop before hypo ", which I find great, reassuring and very safe especially during the night! (more info on the Medtronic MiniMed 640G System) For those who do not have this pump (other pump or multi-injection), there is the Guardian ™ Connect .
- Abbott's FreeStyle Libre has been reimbursed by Social Security since June 1, 2017. It is collected at the pharmacy at the same time as the rest of our treatment. Small, easy to put, but no alarm.
- The Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM system available through the DinnoSanté provider.